Saturday, July 16, 2011

"Garden Song" throughout the seasons, Illustrated

Peter, Paul & Mary lyrics to "Garden Song" 
--accompanied by photos of our garden, & my raven collage

 "Inch by inch, row by row, gonna make this garden grow
All it takes is a rake and a hoe and a piece of fertile ground"  
"Inch by inch, row by row someone bless these seeds I sow


Someone warm them from below
Til the rain comes tumbling down"

"Pullin' weeds and pickin' stones,
We are made of dreams and bones
I feel the need to grow my cause
cause the time is close at hand"









"Grain for grain, sun & rain I'll find my way
in nature's chain
Tune my body & my brain to the music
of the land"




"An old crow watching hungrily from his perch 

in yonder tree
"Pullin’ weeds and pickin’ stones,
We are made of dreams and bones"
"I feel the need to grow my own cause the time 
is close at hand
Grain for grain, sun and rain I’ll find my way 
in nature’s chain"

No comments: