Sunday, June 28, 2015

Needless to say, I call him Orton

CC Jean Stimmell: created 6/28/15
Recently, in my waking, everyday life, I have been experimenting with a new photographic technique call the Orton Effect.*  Last night I had a dream about it.

In my dream, I am using the Orton to create a photographic dreamscape.  While going through the steps of the process – to my amazement – this personage comes to life, jumping right up out of the image: a Native American who is like a double-agent: a provocateur who follows his own rules – sometimes breaking them – working undercover to get things done by hook or by crook. The bottom line is that he gets the job done, one way or an other.

In my dream – like rubbing Aladdin’s Lamp– by preforming this magical ritual, I can bring him to life whenever I want. Needless to say, I call him Orton.
––––––––––––––––––

* Kudos to Sher for turning me on to this technique!

No comments: